Perth Children’s Hospital will provide a welcoming environment for children, young people and their families and carers.
Some of the key design elements of the Perth Children’s Hospital include:
- greater capacity, comfort and privacy
- increased green space and natural light
- colour and design elements inspired by Kings Park’s flora and fauna
- views of Kings Park, the Swan River, UWA or Nedlands from each patient room.
The hospital has been designed to ensure the delivery of family-centered and patient-focused health care. Key features include:
- 75% single rooms – an increase from 26%
- parent beds in each standard inpatient room
- parent lounges on every floor
- a dedicated parent accommodation suite
- 3500m2 of green space including roof terraces
- satellite pharmacies in close proximity to inpatient wards
- indoor and outdoor recreational areas
- three retail food outlets
- entertainment facilities
- a Family Resource Centre and Aboriginal Family Lounge.
Find out why the new Perth Children's Hospital is important to Kingsley mum of four Jenny Prior and her family in the video below.